PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - £18 Billion - 20,000 complaints
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2015, 12:13
JB007

PPRuNe Secret Agent!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

This is something I posted on another thread with regards to a wonderful small airline which was my first flying position, and sadly seems to be having an 'interesting' culture change with a senior management change!

Management in 21st Century UK Airlines, I would add it's only my opinion: There are a number of people promoted to places where ambition greatly outweighs ability on the simple premise that their face fits in the view of those that bestow favours. Nothing wrong with ambition, but it often clouds the thought that might otherwise attach some credence to such ideas as "those you crap on on the way up, are those you'll meet on the way down"

Once you get past the point where you will never get back down to where you started, you begin appointing the ambitious/incapable to your own court. So much easier to surround yourself with muppets to take the heat for you, who are hoping in return, for advancement. My experience now, is the good guys who should be in management, don't touch it with a barge-pole!

I stress my opinion, no offence intended to those working hard for change! But egos, face-fitting, minimal experience/ability coupled with short-termism bonus greed is my experience of the last few years - insecurity coupled with strong desire to reach targets creating a bullying nature?!