PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paris Attacked!
Thread: Paris Attacked!
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2015, 07:46
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I see our friend who is not in to appeasement but negotiations has not the foggiest idea how to get the terrorists to the negotiations table.

One US President had the right idea, if you've got them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow.

Regardless of daesh fighting like guerrillas or irregular militia there is one principle of warfare they cannot avoid - Administration.

They need lines of communication to pass people in and out. They need weapons; they need ammunition; they need food and water. Supplies siezed from Assad forces and Iraq are not inexhaustible. Resupply has to come from another State. The traditional suppliers, Russia and Iran are on the other side.

A few weeks ago i saw a territory map with LOC, quite narrow LOC stretching to Syria's borders. That I submit it their weak point. Consider the onion concept again. Peel the layers from outside to centre or attempt a coup de main. These both risk heavy casualties which is one of the Western countries weak points - public opinion.

How about a different approach: interdiction? Drop a force across the LOC and fight away from the centre. Find the elephant in the room. Let daesh run out of supplies, draw them out, fix them and destroy them.

Last edited by Pontius Navigator; 16th Nov 2015 at 08:00.