PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American re-enters South Pacific
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2015, 10:12
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is such a department empacher and with the most recent incident I have encountered they do not shine.

A client booked BNE AKL LAX on J class and a Star Alliance Platinum passenger of mine just 2 weeks ago endured the AKL LAX leg with seat mechanism totally U/S.

He had major shoulder surgery about 8 weeks prior and really needed the flat bed to get decent rest which is why he paid premium dollars with NZ rather than other carriers.

Also I had allocated him window on his own and for no apparent reason he had been moved by the airline into the U/S seat.

He was fuming when he finally arrived in LIR Costa Rica and fired off an email to the Airline feedback address. It only took 12 days for a response re compensation and there were no specific details regarding refund. This response came after I emailed my Sales Manager and have still not been acknowledged by her.

This seems to point to an internal "we know best" culture which can be tracked back to practices in the Airline's darkest days but on non operational platforms still seems to be present.

Take the stupid fare groups Trans Tasman where if a premium client wants the "sorta" business class product you can't actually tell from the GDS if it is available until you actually ticket the booking by forcing the fare basis code or calling Reservations. Bloody convenient that and even the staff hate it.

Basically that whole department is sub standard empacher as are a lot of their internal systems.

I will add that the client in question did say that the onboard crew were excellent and very apologetic about something they had no control over.

It would be interesting to know how many segments 02 Juliet was U/S for.

Best regards

EWL