PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it me or is this company procedure . . . . odd?
Old 15th Nov 2015, 04:07
hikoushi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oicur12.again
The topic came up in CRM discussion and all long serving employees agreed that they like the idea of having a crew member contact them at ANY time during the takeoff roll in case of cabin fire.

My view is that it would be virtually impossible for a new, junior, untrained and unbriefed cabin crewmember to call and convey a clear and accurate message in the time between 80 knots and V1. I can just see a high speed abort caused by dry ice!!!!

Most crews agreed that they would abort at any speed below V1 simply upon hearing the call from the cabin.

This is effectively deputizing a cabin crewmember to make the go no go decision, a call not even the FO is permitted to make.

Thoughts? Input.

I am open to suggestion.
Most (all?) human beings, whether they are highly experienced "officers" or "junior and untrained" "enlisted people" if you will, know what fire looks like. If they see one, I want to know about it. We do not leave the inter phone open, but I guarantee you if anyone here got the emergency cabin call bell on the roll below V1 it would be stop now, ask questions later.