PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub: final AAIB report
Old 14th Nov 2015, 23:59
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
No 'hopefully' about it in my experience, I could even just mention to my crew that there will be a F PUMP AFT caution appearing in the next few minutes, which is perfectly normal when approaching about 140-150 kgs ish total, forward flight at 120 kts.
Not always, possible but not probable.

My F PUMP indications appear at the top of the middle of 3 columns, PITOT cautions?? - they would appear to each side if on? 1st or 3 rd columns. Not Below?? Unless you are talking about the GREEN Pitot Advisory Caution? I'll let you off with a simple brain fart after a long night duty
Yes I was.

I'm still not worried in forward flight at roughly 150 kgs when my F PUMP AFT caution comes on as I know my Fwd Fuel pump is working, as designed, unless I forgot to switch it back on of course. But then my FUEL caution would flash and remind me.
The Fuel caption relates to low fuel in either of the supply tanks not the main tank. I think my supply tanks getting down towards 36/32 would be a more noticeable indication, rather than wait for the caution to come on

As someone said before, I want a caution appearing on my CAD when something is actually broken, or I want a flashing caution telling me I should switch something back on if it should be pumping fuel, but preferably I would now like an auto system.
Here we are again, someone else's words posted as your own.
You have a caution indication telling you to switch something back on if needs be, and at the same time saying fuel's getting a bit low.

Do you really totally dismiss a caution being displayed so much that you forget to do something?
That caution draws me towards the CAD rather than away from it and when in this scenario I look it, it reminds me either a. You can turn it back on now; or b. Fuel's low.