PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2015, 18:58
True Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have to say, that whilst I am no great fan of Ryanair, I do believe that Ezy are almost holding Bfs and in turn the paying passenger to ransom. It looks to me that they carefully control capacity and while I accept that they need to make a profit, I do think it is going to far now. Take a Saturday in winter, the last flight back from London is at 18.05 pm from Luton. I do not believe that a later flight would not work and be profitable from any London airport. Next summer, the first flight on a Sunday to Lgw is at 16.20 pm , a major airport for connections and of no use to N Ireland residents due to this useless schedule. On a Saturday next summer the last flight back from London is at 14.50 pm. During the week next summer, the first flight to Lgw is at 6.15 am, the next is at 16.20 pm, a gap of 10 hours.

Seems to me that Ezy need some serious competition to make them sit up and take notice. Maybe some serious competition in the form of Fr or Norwegian might make them put in some decent schedules and stop this practice of almost dropping the likes of Birmingham during the summer so that the aircraft can do sun routes instead. Clearly it benefits Ezy, but not the local airport(Bfs) or the paying passenger.

TB