PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logbook - ATPL conditions
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2015, 16:52
Meikleour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wageslave: Yes, that was my typo! I meant to refer to block times as defined in CAP407 Please accept my grovelling apologies.

However, in true PPRUNE fashion I was trying to help Happy Bird with his/her query which was about logging of time on supplemented crewed flights! Your hijacked rant about logging of P1Cus was never in the equation.
Since the early '70s it was common practice in UK airlines for copilots to log their PF sectors as P1Cus for ATPL upgrade purposes. Of course it doesn't mean very much but perhaps you weren't around in the days when "leg and leg about" was not common practice. Aircraft often had more than one copilot and many of the ex-wartime skippers were more than happy to log the lions share of the PF sectors so P1Cus was one indication of how much handling a copilot had been allowed!
I remember a period when I was in BEA when one sector in ten was about average for a copilot.
In BOAC at that time it was not unknown for command candidates to arrive on their course with less than 100 landings achieved in 8 years on the line!! Base training to achieve this shortfall was not unheard of.
I am aware that other countries had different views on this. Indeed the old Sabena used to rigidly apply what you outlined so copiously.

Thats the end of the history lesson! As you can probably guess neither me or Happy Bird are particularly interested in the logging of P1C/us