PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The last Andover crashed at South Sudan.
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2015, 15:50
ACW342

Location: 75' from the runway edge and 150' from the threshold
Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts
SCFCU

Kari - Yes, the Andovers operated by 115 Sqn. on behalf of the Support Command Flight Checking Unit. Some of you might have noticed the pyramidal shapes on the bottom of the fuselage of those aircraft fitted with the Litton Inertially Referenced Flight Inspection System. Shame that GPS was just around the future corner, IRFIS was short lived afair.

I have a beautiful line drawing of XS 603 "Guy Degas" on my wall, signed by Guy Degas himself and the majority of Eleventy Five aircrew.

I was fortunate enough to have been posted to SCFCU as the Ops assistant in '84 and worked under the tutelage of Arthur Small. Those of you who remember him will, i'm sure, remember his greeting to all, no matter the rank, high or low, of "You F&3j1ng Wanchors!" especially when someone from higher echelon rang to find out why yet another task was way behind. Thanks go to Dr. Oliver Tappins for the translation of the above to the classic latin - Effetuens Irrimator Es which was transcribed onto his farewell gift on his retirement.

Last edited by ACW342; 15th Nov 2015 at 13:00. Reason: spelling and grammar