PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paris Attacked!
Thread: Paris Attacked!
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2015, 07:04
anotherthing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only last night in the pub I was reading an newspaper article with the writer saying he would never go on holiday to a Muslim country again due to the dangers, sound advice indeed.
I disagree with this and think it is a load of hogwash. Sure, there are some countries I would not visit, but ANY Muslim country?

Paris has suffered an outrage - it wasn't that long ago they had the incident on a much smaller scale with terrorists targeting them... So is Paris on your 'no-go' list now? How about London, New York, Birmingham even... or any other city in the non-Muslim world? They are also high profile targets and although maybe not quite as high risk as some other countries, Muslim or otherwise, surely you must avoid them as well?

If you have that attitude, then the terrorists have already won. By all means be careful where you go, but to say you are never going to visit a Muslim country is short sighted...you may as well get your supplies in now and hunker down at home for the rest of your life. The threat is NOT specific to those countries and is possibly less in some of those countries than it is in France right now... at what point would you deem it safe to visit Paris?...

RIP all involved, such a wonderful city