PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC135 missing in NSW
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2015, 02:43
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are duplicate inspections not required down under?

Yes Sid, they are required in Australia.

Having a blade strike, I would be worried about drivetrain damage.
Terminus mos,
Bit misleading in your answer, are you not?

There is only a narrow range of matters that require a duplicate inspection. A duplicate inspection can generally be done by a suitably licensed pilot. Caroline Green was licensed pilot, rated on the EC-135

As to "drive train damage", ever heard of manufacturer's guidelines for assessing damage and the resultant required inspections. That was what was applied, the factory clearly agreed with the assessment.

I would hate to being paying the bills for maintenance based on somebodies' "worries", rather than the manufacturer's instructions for continuing airworthiness.

I would dispute that Richard Green was a cowboy, as an engineer he was meticulous, he had the best equipped workshop I have seen (see previous posts by me) and re. flying, all the accusations at the AAT were subjective judgements, not breaches of regulations.

There are some very narrow minded people in aviation in Australia, who have lived in such a stultified and sheltered environment all their lives, that they believe their "take" on acceptable behavior under the general heading of "airmanship" is definitive, when in fact, a pilot from US or UK would find it unrealistically narrow minded and parochial. If the average Australian assessment to VMC/VFR was followed in UK, for example, quite a deal of GA VFR flight would not happen. Does that make those pilots in UK guilty of the offense of "poor airmanship"?? NO!!

Who has got it right?? Just compare US air safety outcomes to Australia, that will answer the question.

As I have already said, if being "disliked" was disqualifying as a condition for a pilots license, quite a few would probably be out in the cold, with a significant number of CASA FOIs top of the list.

Tootle pip!!