PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Allegiant fires pilot after ordering an emergency evacuation
Old 13th Nov 2015, 20:40
mary meagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope Captain Kinzer wins his lawsuit, and I wonder why when he claims defamation and loss of employment prospects, he is only asking for $10,000!
This seems far too little for the damage to his career.

According to the writeup from News Channel 8 the same day, the passengers were upset by "screaming flight attendants" and having to clamber out on the wings by themselves. The media intends to provoke shock and horror at the very behavior flight attendants are TRAINED to provide - in event of an evacuation with smoke in the cabin, commands are given at the top of your voice, not in a whisper or as a gentle suggestion. (and forget about taking out your carry on baggage, right?!)

I've flown out of St.Pete Clearwater quite a few times (in a beatup 172). This airline Allegiant carrying 141 pax from St. Pete to Hagerstown Maryland is probably running on fumes anyway! borne out by the second incident appearing in the media. Never thought I would be cheering for the lawyers, but in this case, the sooner this flaky operation is shut down the better.