PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2015, 16:00
EnigmAviation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steering Group ?

That's a death wish word - almost as bad as "handbrake". I do think that as you implied PobJoy, there is another agenda re the Vigilant. The snag is, that having planned some time ago, to re-engine the aircraft and planned funding, we then had this "pause" crisis, the economy waned/defence cuts, and the ship has sailed whilst they have all been grounded. Now, two years or more further on, the aircraft are older, less "life" and other factors have changed such as airfield availability, costs of getting the Vigilant back to service, availability of G 115 Tutor hours ( albeit that the sorties are not training per se, merely "experience" sorties of short duration) are all complicating factors that go into the Defence "Kenwood mixer". The end result, I fear, is that we will emerge from the crisis with a Viking fleet only aided by the 25 mission trainers, and on limited number of sites where the customers will have extensive travel, sometimes to no avail due to the variable weather, plus limited scope sorties at existing AEF's. I hope that I am wrong.......................