PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC135 missing in NSW
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2015, 13:13
onetrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you, cattletruck. That is exactly what I was pointing out, despite some previous posters accusing me of being inadequate, judgemental and jealous.
I am precisely none of those, thank you very much - I am a retired successful businessman who ran his own business from the day I left school at 16, a Vietnam veteran and military engineer - and I have spent more time in boardrooms dealing with senior corporate executives and cutting sizeable deals, than many previous posters are ever likely to do.

What I am pointing out, is that, regardless of the reason for the crash, CASA's narrative towards Richard Green will now be - "We tried for years to stop this gung-ho, rule-bending individual, from killing himself and his pax - because we could see the writing on the wall at every turn - and now he has succeeded - and we now have to cop flak, because we weren't harsh enough in our efforts to make his approach to flying become more safety-oriented".

nigelh, what is your narrative? "We don't need CASA looking over our shoulder, we know it all!"
"But he died doing what he loved!!"
Yes, he did - but the thing is, there was no need for him and his pax to die.
I wonder if your comments would be different if it was your partner, or your parents, that died with Richard Green?

Richard Green may have been a highly successful businessman, and a qualified nuclear physicist - but that doesn't necessarily translate to being a superb helicopter pilot with flight and pax safety as a priority.
Then again, numbers of people merely lives their lives, with the full intention of killing themselves well short of the regular allotted human lifespan.
And the numbers of highly successful businessmen who think they are Top Gun at the controls of an aircraft, because their large piles of money enabled them to easily purchase that high-dollar-value aircraft, is quite surprising.