PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC135 missing in NSW
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2015, 12:41
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look guys, I know there are some close mates of Green on here. But can we remove emotion from the equation for a moment and look at hard facts. Pilots are supposed to bias more towards facts and less towards emotion when dispensing their profession, so let's keep it like that when we look at what is presented to us.

A friend of mine died in the Police Strathclyde crash, an associate died clipping a crane in Vauxhall, London. I looked at the facts and even though they were my colleagues - the facts painted a very ugly picture.

In this instance, I have been reading a lot about this persons track record between him and CASA and his earlier "incidents".

I can't speak for the mentality of aussie pilots and their industry but I would definitely align it to ours because of the synergies we have between our relative societies.
Now in the UK, ANYONE who clacks a blade, not once but twice - and then attempts a field repair as an UNqualified helicopter engineer - and then continues in flight; is most definitely guilty of gross negligence as a pilot. Someone who nearly collides with / blows over other a/c is guilty of negligence .
Someone who flies his a/c in IFR conditions without the correct qualifications is guilty of negligence and poor airmanship.

All of the above paints a picture.

In this country, any/all of these attributes (or lack of them) would describe a very very unprofessional approach to one's trade, I would suggest.

Now - either all the sources (newspapers/colleague interpretations/reports/casa statements are untrue or unsubstantiated - in that case I profusely apologise for second guessing and retract any distasteful comments. OR
They are true and this man was a liability to all around him and the industry is safer now that he has 'moved on'.

Out of curiosity who witnessed himlanding for a while before he took off again back into the bad weather? How is it known that he did this, so far out in the boondocks?