PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skyuber... or how is this even legal in EASA land?
Old 13th Nov 2015, 12:32
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GTE

There are bad CPLs too. Where the difference lies is that with PPLs there is a broader spectrum of experience and ability ranging from downright dangerous and incompetent to some PPLs who are well up with the best in ability skills and experience.

The problem being that Mr average passenger who is supposed to make an adult informed decision probably is not that informed on the ability of the pilot or the aircraft they accept a flight in.

Many Pax I flew in light twins really believed the second engine was a spare where the aircraft would perform as well if one died

Above the PPL level the motivations are probably different the skills, experience and capability usually higher so that band between the bad and good narrower.

my disagreement is that paying people are entitled to higher safety than those who are passengers for free on the implication that those who accept flights for free make an informed decision. Other than the PPL PAX or experienced PAX i have a problem with the informed decision part or that the paying of money entitles those to better safety

Joe Bloggs who owns his own company and company aircraft can legally transport his employees in that aircraft. those employees will know no more than the PAX climbing into Easyjet

Pace