PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS to hire 200 pilots!
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2015, 10:26
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
38% tax is for the lower income bracket, go to the top tier when you are a Captain, and you will be paying more, close to 65%.

Even 38% is way to much, but I know many are indoctrinated with this notion that it is required to keep a good health care etc.

Go to Norway, you pay massive taxes, yet when you go to the doctor for consultation you pay again a consultation fee.

So first your salary gets taxed. Then massive taxes on ALL products you buy, specially Norway. I once had an old banger of a Volvo, I sold it for 300 Euros, I considered bringing it to Norway, they wanted 100.000 NOK in taxes.

25 % VAT the last time I checked on goods.

Of course some of this tax money is used from time to time to save SAS from bankruptcy, on more than 1 occasion.

Our political views aside, I did consider SAS few years back, before I got my current job. Truth is that there are many much better jobs out there then SAS today, only reason if somebody has very close ties and want to live there for family reasons.

Don't get me wrong, SAS is not a bad company, but the are not what they used be, and there are serious concerns still of their long term future.

If it's up to Kjos, there will be no more government aid to keep life into a dinosaur.