PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An Important Letter to the Prime Minister
Old 13th Nov 2015, 03:36
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Lexair

Well, some very interesting questions there. Should have concentrated on Legal Studies a bit more back in 1982.

I will need to take advice on these matters. But a plain English summary would be along the lines of.

Government initiated Regulatory change launched on the back of a Substandard Regulation Impact Statement. I would like to have that tested. I trusted its contents and planned on the changes being relatively minor in nature. I now know that the Regulation Impact Statement is wildly inaccurate.

They arrived at this deduction in the RIS from Industry feedback. I would like to see the Industry feedback displayed for the Public.

The ACT itself requires Clear and concise Aviation standards. Surely if that has not been achieved, then the law has been broken, just as if we did something against the Act.

It could be defamation on the back of the Media Release by CASA at the time of the delay. CASA laid the blame on us and when they were unable to answer our questions that reinforced view that we weren't ready with our customers.

It could be a claim that the lack of resources by the Regulator impinged on our Businesses and livelihood. I am all ears. I will seek advice on the best path forward. I appreciate your offer of assistance and I will take you up on it. I am going to be out of town till the middle of next week, but I will be in contact.

The effect on Business has been very real and accountability is required.

regarding a Class Action. My intention was to go it alone to reduce the financial burden on already stretched Operators. If I can be successful and set a precedent then it will make the process substantially more cost effective for those that follow.

Once again, I will take legal advice on this matter, as to the best path forward.

Ideally, I need as many Businesses as practical to PM me your experiences or better still post them in this thread. I need well constructed arguments. All help is appreciated. My intention is for the Legal Firm to view this thread to assist them in "building a picture"

Keep the encouraging messages and posts coming. Cheers. Glen