PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Latest on Korean Air
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2015, 00:07
DesiPilot
The Bumblebee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fatbus,

In 4 years I have been here I did overtime twice. Chances of you doing overtime are slim to none and main reason for it is factoring system that KAL uses. In every flight you are either P1 or P2, you will alternate as a P1 or P2 for multiple sectors. For example if you are P1 for ICN ORD, you will be P2 ORD ICN. For P1 sectors you will get 100% pay, for P2 you will get either 50% (for two sets) or 2/3 (for three pilots)

Since you are on the fatbus, right now you have very limited destinations, ATL JFK, LAX, AND CDG. However, there are rumors that 380 will be flying to SYD and BKK soon.

UPLINK,

You will never travel Econ always C or if not available J. The family tickets are Y (they call it X) class subject to load on C class. Again in 4 years my family has always traveled in C but once when C was sold out. If you are joining as First Officer than your family tickets are not upgradable to business, only economy class passes.

As Ocean said in theory it is possible to take back to back days off. You need prior approval for that and the management gives approval only for emergency reasons. So you cannot count on getting it every other month. Having said that you choose your days off and company will build schedule around it. In 4 years I have not missed a single birthday, thanksgiving, Christmas, or any other occasion that requires me to be at home.

Any other questions drop me a pm.