PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An Important Letter to the Prime Minister
Old 12th Nov 2015, 23:32
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Cost impact on Business

Sorry Everyone,

Unfortunately I don't have time or resources to organise Blockades, or wait until the next election to run against a politician. Quite simply, I need to focus every available moment at trying to keep my Business ticking over, and I really don't want this to be a debate about alternative courses of action. A blockade wont put $250,000 back into my Superannuation. I have made up my mind. The damage is already done to many Small Businesses, irrespective of what the future holds (not much better I suspect).

CASA needs an immediate injection of increased resources. My own Business has too many projects awaiting CASA approval. If I push and push for my own Commercial requirements, some other Small Business gets resources directed away from its projects.

CASA would never accept "lack of resources" as a response from Industry. Similarly Industry has the right to set that same benchmark on the Regulator.

My action will be successful. Because it will be factually based and well supported. For major Companies and pilots the issues may be different. For Small Business the issues are the unacceptable cost imposts associated with the process.

If you choose to post on here could you also indicate if I am able to use your post, in my case. Cheers.

Of course you are welcome to PM me as well. Cheers.