PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logbook - ATPL conditions
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2015, 20:03
Happy Bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you very much Meikleour!

Very much appriciate your reply to my questions Meikleour! It put some more light on logbook mystery for me and solves some questions !
If I put this knowledge to practice , I would write only the half of the total Block Time as FO .
Say for instance , if the Total Time of Flight ( i.e. Engine time ) 12.28, I wright in my log book for the TOTAL TIME OF FLIGHT only 06.14 . Is it right ?
PILOT FUNCTION TIME = (12.28 - 1.30) : 2 = 05.29 ( I log 05.29 )
01.30 - this is Multicrew environment time, when every member of the crew have a say in a dissision making ( as per CRM ) and ligaly also responsible for what they do ! All four pilots seating in the cockpit and this time is the duty time also! So I have to log this time , to show that I was present in the cockpit at the time! ( 00.30+01.00, 30 min - from the engine start to the CRZ and 01.00 preparationg for a landing , approach , landing , taxing untill enging shut down) it is approximation of course .
Now , 4 pilots in the cockpit from push back to CRZ ( MULTI-CREW ) , which is approximatly 01.30 + 2 pilots in the cockpit during CRZ phase (also MULTI-CREW) , which is 05.29= 06.59 MULTI-CREW TIME goes to my logbook . Is it right?
But my concern in this situation is that the TOTAL FLIGHT TIME ( 06.14 ) now is less than the time in the MULTICREW TIME (06.59).
Should not the TOTAL TIME OF FLIGHT be at least equal to MULTICREW TIME for the FO?
Would be good , if someone please proved me this the documents or explanation ( brakedown procedures ) on how correctly to write hours in logbook , that written by some AUTHORITY ( e.g. FAA) some kind of guide.
Thank you all !!!