PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 8
Thread: Flybe - 8
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2015, 19:34
Deano777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's right, Chesty, I think it can do ALC and PMI fairly easily though. We've done the odd PMI from Exeter before and it was ok with a little bit to think about with drift down over the Pyrenees. I think they used to do a PMI charter from the IOM in the past with not much trouble and the dash certainly did ALC from SOU this year. Maybe that's the way they want to do it, I don't know. I think it's going to struggle with FAO though, that's a little too far. Of course what they could do is run through SOU from MAN, has anyone checked the schedules?

Kockayne, just to answer you from the BOH thread, I never ever chastised anyone for saying they thought the base wouldn't work, I was merely trying to say that we should leave it to the management to make the decisions because you (& me included) are clearly no experts in how to run an airline. Sure we've got our ideas, but they won't have just gone into it with their eyes closed and the base clearly worked because numbers were very good, but they have their reasons why they didn't want to continue operating there. Whatever they were doing they did it right because we made a very healthy profit in the half year results, we might not like what they do, or their practices but it clearly worked and is working, the challenge will be to sustain it into the medium term.