PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS to hire 200 pilots!
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2015, 19:09
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are other companies out there then RyR and Norwegian when you have some experience.

Who also have pension and sick pay. Where the Captain upgrade comes much faster, and with more pay and extras then SAS currently offers.

If living in Scandiland, I have heard of other companies offering better TC's then SAS, but it's impossible to get inside.

I believe SAS will have difficulty to attract many experienced guys, unless they are in the desert and want to come home.

Other experienced guys are already now Captains or close to upgrade in their current airlines, which would mean joining SAS would be a massive step down for at least 10 years or who knows how long.

Regarding the recruitment, don't even wish to comment on that garbage, as it's so inside out flawed, besides that, I know of few guys who recently joined, last 12 - 18 months, who all got in because who they knew, rather then what they know!

Good luck on them, I am very happy where I am now, and have no desire or interest to join SAS now or in the future. But for me their recruitment process stinks. The guys I know who joined was not rated and had little or no jet experience.

Enough about that.