PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2015, 16:51
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suspect those who have swallowed the BackHeathrow line have done so based on the simple expansion of the robust model that operates "as at today" with BA a "UK" airline continuing to shuttle pax and provide service to various UK domestic points !

Very nice and all very fluffy but not quite the reality of what may happen 10 years down the line !!!!!!!

I cannot for the life of me think that any of these groups are offering support for RW3 based on the wholesale change being promoted here.

Or the premise of BA pulling GLA, EDI, LBA, etc only to be replaced by the likes of BMI regional Flybe or EZY...
They won't be dancing in the streets of Auchtermuchty based on that notion !

AND using the EZY model as a positive for expansion from T4 really does beggar belief. Yes 100% great for the consumer flying say Scotland to London ...and back ! Point to point all housed in one terminal but totally useless for domestic / long haul connectivity which is after all the primary basis on which this is being sold!

EZY will cherry pick prime routes "supposedly" some of these will almost crucially be those which make the whole "UK" hub concept viable, on the other hand it is of course possible they may even create a mini hub themselves "Inverness to Paris, is an example but that isn't Edinburgh to Melbourne via LHR on BA is it and that is after all what BackHeathrow are pumping out as the lead headline!

Providing a new runway just for routes such as JFK - Prague pax isn't really helping the UK !

And what of cost?

Heathrow will be sinking under the weight of new debt so will pass that on, they are already talking about slashing wages by 30% and renogotiating contracts, are we seriously suggesting an airline like FlyBe who have recently pulled out of Gatwick and who have witnessed the demise of Virgin would contemplate taking on BA routes?

I mean really ?

Last edited by Bagso; 13th Nov 2015 at 06:43.