PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CloudAhoy/Air Nav/ .... recording flying lesson
Old 12th Nov 2015, 14:34
Steve6443

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I started learning, I used ANP and then afterwards, I used it to guide me around challenging airspace - they then appeared to employ a baboon for programming because for a series of updates, they introduced the same bugs - namely that the software deleted the links to the paid for maps, even if they were still physically there. The only solution was to download them again.

The first time this happened - yeah, programmer error. Update released to fix it - by which time my maps were already toast. Then a new update was released - same problem. I complained - sure enough, same error. The third time it happened I was actually abroad when the update came through and, in those days, with iOS, if an update is there, you are usually unable to start any programs if an update is pending.

So with trepidation, I installed it, hoping that I'd be left with my maps as I was due to fly further later that day. Surely no self-respecting programmer would make the same elementary mistake on 3 updates, I thought, especially as he'd been lambasted on the forum for these bugs? Alas he did make the same mistake a third time so I was left with no option but to pay the fees for 500MB of data whilst roaming in Hungary. OUCH.

What did the producers of ANP say? Sorry, we are however not liable for any charges incurred by you downloading maps..... Well, my "well considered" response was "sod ANP and the donkey they rode in on". That was the start of the decline of ANP for me.....