PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub: final AAIB report
Old 12th Nov 2015, 14:14
8Pieced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oops forgot to answer the q

The answer to my little scenario above, to which SS didn't get full marks, was that you could be flying for up to around 18 minutes with the F PUMP AFT caution, which iaw normal procedures you have acknowledged is running dry so have switched the pump off and sits at the top middle part of your CAD.

It is perfectly normal for it to be there. Any new cautions don't just jump on to the CAD without you noticing, they are accompanied with a flashing caution attention getter.

You can't get rid of this caution, unless you reduce speed, but then you won't make base.

I'm not worried by this caution, but as I approach to land at 90 kgs, I need to be aware that my other F PUMP FWD caution may start to flash.

I would say that the Fuel System was fit for purpose (but could be better) up until the point of identifying a new failure mode such as GNWEM. It now can't be fit for purpose anymore for Police Ops.

This is purely my opinion.

Last edited by 8Pieced; 12th Nov 2015 at 14:14. Reason: Adding is to last sentence