PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub: final AAIB report
Old 12th Nov 2015, 13:44
8Pieced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the aim of this thread to recite the FLM?

I don't think the aim of this particular thread is to recite the FLM and to tell everyone how great a pilot you are, or not as in my case 😀

Without such routines as always switching the other transfer pump on, or leaving task checks, monitoring your CAD properly etc, things may go wrong. But even with routines, things can still be missed, as you know you 'always switch on the other pump when leaving the hover' perhaps, for example.

I have merely offered that someone (like I did only once) could have left the task with the FWD pump still off, not monitored the CAD recently, then in forward flight, the Caution flashes (but you don't see the other cautions already on), acknowledges, switches off AFT pump then due to being distracted doesn't at that time check the CAD again, which has now actually got two cautions on it. So yes, you should spot 2 cautions at the next monitoring, but if only a glance may simply acknowledge the yellow, knowing that the only caution flashing so far was for a pump.

So 2 cautions have inadvertently been presented to your CAD by you.

It is an error which I did early in my 135 career, and I admit I have never done it ever since!

Going away for a few days you'll be glad to hear! 😀

I was merely offering my one silly experience, that some other non god like pilots can learn from.