PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Corbin and CDS Squaring-Up
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2015, 09:05
Chugalug2

Received 234 Likes on 72 Posts
CM:-
I think you assume that some mythical group of people that you refer to as the BBC actually spend their time dictating to each and every presenter, programme maker and editor what questions to ask and what opinions to push. That is absolutely not the case.
Nothing so crude. It is more a case of only recruiting "people like us", and divesting yourself of those who clearly aren't. The message then gets round quickly to "encourage les autres". If they were an independent profitable company they could try retaining that same business case, but I think it would prove very unsuccessful. Successful independent broadcasters have to look to serving their audience rather more.

melmothtw:-
That both sides of the political spectrum often call out the Beeb for not being impartial at times, probably indicates that they are getting the balance about right.
Both sides of the spectrum are often pleased with their stance. This Marr interview is a case in point. By pointing up Corbyn's limitations as a prospective Prime Minister (courtesy of CDS), they please both the Tories and the Parliamentary Labour Party. So that makes their intervention into party politics alright? Not in my view. That privilege is for the electorate alone which the BBC then records, not the other way around. The BBC is the elephant in the UK media room. People in that room need to be careful lest they be trampled under. People like you melmoth?