PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Corbin and CDS Squaring-Up
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2015, 09:00
Arclite01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the thing with being in Opposition. It's easy. You can rubbish the Government, you can come up with unrealistic policy options - no one ever holds you to account.

Being in Government is hard. People see what you do, they hear what you say, they can make you answer questions, and worst of all you have to make decisions which can come back and bite you on the a£se............. (whether the responsible individuals care or are capable is a different question )

As Government history crucifies you - but the Opposition rarely gets a mention.....

Lets see whether Corbyn changes his position WRT the deterrent if he ever gets into power ............. suddenly you realise the aspects that you never did when you were sitting on the opposition benches - the spin offs of economic impact, technology impacts, geography, world position and so on............ decision to be made that are far bigger than the single question of 'would I really use the deterrent ?' - the question is more likely to be 'Would I shaft the country and myself if I drop this deterrent ?'

The real issue is Corbyn is old school 'left wing'. They never align with the views of what they perceive to be right wing militarists. The clash with CDS was/is inevitable - it's just a matter of timing.

Arc

*Perhaps we should call ourselves 'Freedom Fighters' rather than militarists - he'd probably think it was an OK occupation then..............

Last edited by Arclite01; 12th Nov 2015 at 09:38. Reason: Government