PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ex para arrested over Bloody Sunday massacre
Old 12th Nov 2015, 05:47
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^

Not looking for a tit for tat exchange on what went on - there have been two inquiries costing millions to resolve the facts of that day. Nor am I being judgemental...were I to be so the usual pprune p1ssing contest would erupt.

I'm pointing out that this is merely part of the justice process in a civilised democracy - nothing more, nothing less.

And perhaps also that when picking fights to demonstrate where ones loyalties lie, the events of 30 January 1972 are a poor choice.

PS

And...there is very little need to be inaccurate; there is an ocean of evidence available...like

I recall that one pf the bodies was found with a nail bomb or nail bombs in their pocket
Not quite, you're talking about Gerald Donaghey (17) and the evidence conflicts.

The Saville Inquiry established the innocence of the victims, the false accounts of the soldiers and it resulted in a formal apology by the UK PM and murder investigation by the police. No doubt more will come out now. Personally, I would think the time taken is primarily because if I was the police, I would want my ducks firmly in a row before I took it to open court.

I'm out, but I'll leave the last word to our PM.

"But the conclusions of this report are absolutely clear. There is no doubt, there is nothing equivocal, there are no ambiguities. What happened on Bloody Sunday was both unjustified and unjustifiable. It was wrong." David Cameron PM

Last edited by The Old Fat One; 12th Nov 2015 at 06:04.