PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Middle East Doubt
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2015, 05:05
jack schidt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem with doubt is that the result can be for better or worse. There is much truth said on the ME forums about terms and conditions when filtering through the drivel.

My suggestion to anyone considering the move. If you really cannot stand it any longer in your home country for either work or political reasons then come. You have no idea how difficult it will be to leave once here when your family are stable with the kids in school etc.

The jets are lovely and BIG and shiny, the guys are generally a nice bunch of people to work with BUT, you can only take so much of the hassles, disrespect, annoyances etc etc. There will come a time when you wish to return to the life you left no matter what you think of it right now. You will have difficulties when that time comes to move home due to commitments. I can tell you now, it is a lot easier to get in than it is to get out. Make very sure you are making the right decision and please understand that the sand is definitely not a greener option than grass, even with cow 'sheet' on the grass along the way.

The salary might seem good but food prices in UAE are several times more expensive than most western countries.

Jack

Testing ICAO English there with the good aviation term 'drivel' I hope its meaning is not lost in the reading.