PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Commercial pilot in Australia.
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2015, 04:27
AdamHanis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Commercial pilot in Australia.

Hello ppprune,

I am Adam, 21 and from Singapore.

My highest qualification to this point of time is 5 GCSE O levels which includes English, Maths and Sciences.

I want to pursue my dream to be a commercial pilot.

I have tried to explore several routes but I just can't make up my mind to which should I go with. I would like to seek some kind advice.

My first choice was to go ahead with a QATAR WINGS MPL route. However, they are currently closed for applications and it would take quite a while. I would like to settle down in Australia in future, my sister is also PR of Australia.

Therefore, I would like to work my way up to fly for an Australian airliner one day. I currently have no flying experience and looking for a about initio course. I am currently considering CTC molecular CPL MEIR route in new Zealand or CAE integrated ATPL course / university course. I understand that I would need to get my experience hours up. Which school could give me a better chance to get a job as a flight instructor or any other jobs to get my hours and experience up? Till I could one day "unfreeze" my ATPL and get a job with an airliner. I am also a Singapore Resident, therefore I would need to get a visa for Australia. I would like to move on to apply for a PR too in future.

I am also considering the CAE unvisersity route.

Can anyone advice me on any steps I could take please? What time frame would I be looking at with training any of working annyonedvicemltns a flight instructor till I can get a job with an airliner?

Kind regards.