PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Corbin and CDS Squaring-Up
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2015, 21:51
Chugalug2

Received 235 Likes on 72 Posts
melmothtw:-
despite all the BBC-bashing that goes on in this country, it is still the source of news most trusted by those outside of it.
Probably because they are not interested in the biased slant it puts on coverage of UK domestic politics, which are not a very high proportion of the content of the BBC World Service anyway. That, as a reminder, also now comes out of Licence Payers pockets.

As to the list of broadcasters that you pooh pooh, I couldn't agree more. Then again, like those foreigners that you say approve of the BBC, I don't have to pay for them either.

I'm not saying that the BBC should go, I'm not sure the Tories are either. I'm just saying that like every other broadcaster in this country (with the present exception of Channel 4), they should pay their own way. Then perhaps they would stop building Taj Mahal like palaces for themselves around the country and putting full salaried producers on extended home leave. They would then be forced to consider their audience as paramount instead of themselves.