PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS to hire 200 pilots!
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2015, 21:23
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just go back the posts in the end from 2013

SAS recruitment [Archive] - PPRuNe Forums

They insisted on CRJ rating to apply, so having 1000 hours on Airbus was not good enough, but happy to take 6 guys from a flight school in Roskilde, that belonged to 2 SAS Captains, and 1 or 2 of them was sons of the SAS Captains, while I had emails from recruitment saying anybody applying without having the minimum requirements would be banned from further requirement.

That STINKS big time for me, just because they are from Scandi land, does not make the immune to such!

Craggenmore also makes a valid point, there are loads of guys who was let down badly by SAS in the past, and now they will not even consider going back there, this is not only ME pilots, but also in the EU/UK.

Many guys in the company now are happy if they can get an early retirement deal, few of them got that at the age of 55 a few years ago. The Golden days of SAS are gone, and they can not offer job security.

Recruiting 200 pilots is not a lot if you think about it, there are some companies hiring 200 a pilots a year, with SAS they will have small bursts and that's it.

You might get stuck there for a few decades as an FO, that for me is not good enough.

Last edited by truckflyer; 11th Nov 2015 at 21:40.