PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair in Aberdeen emergency landing
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2015, 18:15
HeartyMeatballs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes two incidents within a week. Very concerning. For such a small operation they do seem to have more than their fair share of incidents. Happily they're too expensive for my family most of the time so we have limited exposure to them. My mother's Christmas pressy from me is usually a return flight to see her grandkids. Last year and this year I didn't. I don't want her anywhere near a LC plane.

Before anyone goes down the 'yes, but they operate in a challenging environment' route then you're wasting your time. Many UK airlines operate into VERY challenging Greek isles, Madeira and Split with big jets. And almost all of these fairy significant issues are occurring in fairly benign 'bread and butter' routes.

On seeing the forecast for SYY tomorrow my initial though was Loganair and how thankful that mother will be enduring a scary crossing of the Minch. At least I know she'll make it on the ferry. I can't be so certain with Loganair. And the hilarious thing is Linksair loose their AOC through what I gether was an admin error. Loganair have several near fatal incidents and nobody bats an eyelid.

It's a matter of time and I'm very much of the opinion that the next UK crash with be Loganair. And I only hope my family are not onboard when things do end in tears. They'll not be too bothered however as it'll be a flyBE flight number, ticket and paint job and will likely send BE under meanwhile LC will survive to kill again. If I had anything to do with BE I'd be happy with no more than a codeshare. When there's a smoking hole and and your logo panted on the tail is all that survives then it's you that people will remember.

Last edited by HeartyMeatballs; 11th Nov 2015 at 18:36.