PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Accommodation Thread II
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2015, 15:19
HALOjumper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shepperton - Two bedroom detached property. No Onward Chain

No Onward Chain

A developers delight . . .

This is a two bedroom, gas central heated, detached property on the sought after River Ash Estate; a convenient location within easy reach of local amenities and public transport links. (Apparently, only nine properties have become available for sale in the last two decades.) Postcode: TW17 8NQ

The property would be enhanced by a loft conversion (subject to planning permission). Alternatively, the plot could accommodate an extensive renovation or even new construction of a much larger home, the second floor of which would command views of Shepperton Marina. As-is, the property is a fantastic investment opportunity and currently commands a rental income of £1,500 per month. (My last tenants lived there happily for over five years and only moved out due to me wishing to sell the property.)

Valued in March at £420,000.00
For quick sale at £399,000.00

Please feel free to ask me any questions, photos, etc.

Key Features:

Located in a cul-de-sac on a quiet, private riverside estate.

A generous rear garden, which abuts Shepperton Marina, which in turn is adjacent to a swan sanctuary.

Off-street parking - and plenty of on-street parking, which is a private road.

Ample scope for extending.

Shared estate river mooring for the loading and off-loading of boats.

Local hotel, a four minute walk away, offers favourable gym/swimming pool, etc., membership concession to colony residents.

About Shepperton:

Shepperton - an overgrown village nestled in a bend of the River Thames - is within the M25, five miles from Heathrow, 35 miles from Gatwick.

Easy access to M25 (junctions 10 and 11) and both the M3 and M4.

It's the home of the famous film studio, and is about 45 minutes by car to central London - via the A316 - same time by train to London Waterloo. Less to Wimbledon, where London's tube network can be utilised.

The film studios are a five minute drive from the property; the village high street, less. There, you can find a Budgens and smaller grocery type shops, chemists, pubs, off-licence, BP garage, newsagents, dry cleaners, police office, banks, post office, library, hair dressers, Chinese, Indian, dentist, solicitors, opticians, betting shop, etc.

There are larger supermarkets within a 10 minute drive of the property, i.e., Tesco, Sainsbury's, etc.

Nearby shopping mall type areas include Walton, Kingston and Woking.