PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS to hire 200 pilots!
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2015, 09:43
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Few years ago when I looked into SAS, my reference was their pure incompetence regarding setting one set of standards in their advert, and recruiting people trough personal references to the same positions who did not full-fill their minimums in the advert, while discouraging people with experience on other types to apply.

Also with regards to TC's, there are other companies like EZY offering much better conditions then SAS for Captains, going to SAS is still risky, as we do not know what the future will bring for them. Norwegian is now more than little thorn in their side.

As for passenger quality, there is not much difference between SAS and Norwegian.
The only reason some guys might want to join was if they could be close to home, however many of these guys now already have command, and do not want to return via right seat on a CRJ.

SAS has screwed over a lot guys in the past, who they made redundant, from being one of the world leaders in TC's they have gone towards the lower end now.
The Golden days of SAS are gone, and highly unlikely they will ever return unfortunately.