PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC135 missing in NSW
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2015, 07:39
actus reus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
more

Ledsled,

I do not profess to know much about this, the thing that caught my attention apart from the appalling fact that there were deaths, was the fact that I had heard the name and the main rotor blade story somewhere before.

This was before I returned to Australia so the context as in who, what, where, was not known to me at that time.

When those blades from the tree contact reached Eurocopter, I am TOLD they were put in the bin.

I was in Europe doing a flight test programme (fixed wing) at the time and the 'story' of the 'ozzie blades' was related to me by a colleague who was a test pilot at Eurocopter.

The consensus seemed to me to be that an araldite epoxy repair was a fairly risky temporary repair to address incipient blade de-lamination.

Then again, it was a great dinner so my recollections may be a bit off.

If you have a look at the AAT, you will find that they said that Mr Green could carry out some maintenance but that he could not expect to have the same approvals returned.
Mention about his existing levels of approval only being available to a LAME.
I have not copied and pasted and the link seems to be disgracing itself but you should find what I refer to without difficulty.

RIP