PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Weston/NFC, Dublin for PPL+: Opinions please?
Old 4th Jul 2003, 14:42
airbourne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everybody has good and bad thigns to say about certain flight schools. NFC would be no different. I started as a astudent just after they launched the new clubhouse and the name NFC, so I have no experience of Aerial. What i heard of it wasnt nice though, however I would have no serious complaints about NFC. Ive been there almost a year and have been happy with the service. Obiviously there is a few things e.g. the 2 euro landing fee on touch and gos on top of 175 an hour for a 172 can really add up. The aircraft are also a bit on the dodgy side, sometimes the avionics can act up, but I suppose what can you expect for 20 25 year old training aircraft.

All in all, NFC is a good outfit, great bunch of instructors and yes Stephen Power and Ken Mc Kensie have just left for Ryanair. As for steepclimbs comments, I reckon you need to be part of the 'click' to help out and get in with that crowd, some of the instructors can be a bit up their own arse! And would someone tell people that the non smoking area means NO SMOKING!!