PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub: final AAIB report
Old 10th Nov 2015, 20:57
kevin_mayes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, G0ULI

Yes, I understand what you are saying and I'm quite open minded about it, but most - actually all tantalum capacitors I've used are of the sintered design, making them actually quite robust, I know there are wet versions, but in my experience they aren't used much due to cost.

If this cap was damaged by high g force, were there any more of them damaged - the report makes no mention of any, the circuit board most probably had many such capacitors on it (if it was an audio amp at least), and just one fails due to g force, sorry I'm not buying that?

I'm betting it was a surface mount PCB, somebody just loaded the wrong voltage cap into the auto placement machine, easily done, done it myself.

I would still like to see a circuit diagram and wiring diagram, I'm possibly a bit sceptical, but I just like to tie up loose ends...

Kev.

ps. had a quick look at some cap specs, first one I found for a cheap version could withstand a shock of 70g at 100Hz for 8 hours...