PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 10th Nov 2015, 18:23
dragartist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cross threading

Thanks for the pointer AA62, I found the pics at post #224 I think. I am pleased cross treading is allowed on here.

Not sure if those same straps weren't still in the war stores at Cerney when we undertook a huge disposal exercise. I love the wicker baskets. I first came across them known as Harry Packes named after an Army Guy called Packe. VX274 may know more. There are good descriptions in Dennis Williams book Stirlings in Airborne Forces.

I think I have previously recounted how I was almost sacked for comments regarding the LGBT fraternity and proposals to dispose of the pink cotton 28fts and retain the blue rayon ones. I certainly had an interview without coffee! My parting gift to my 2* at ABW was a framed photo of a pink one and blue one on a double drop at Keevil in 2010

Now why did you folks not adopt SEAC packs in the NEAF.

So what has this got to do with the K? - Most of the kit left over from Arnhem was still is use on the K and probably remains on the J and A400.

As for Agfa vs Kodak. My dad was an Agfa man when we were in Nairobi and KL. He still gets the slides out to show the great grandchildren pictures of their Grandad and Gt Uncle in KD shorts no top. I must dig out the slides of the inverted Twin Pin in the bondu.