PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BREAKING NEWS: airliner missing within Egyptian FIR
Old 10th Nov 2015, 16:44
Mauersegler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Kulverstukas,
while I think it could have happened that HS pointed downwards at a time and broke the tail assembly (in my opinion the HS could also break the tail pointing upwards, it could have oscillated anyway), I don't see the compression damage (I try looking at other pictures too). Also with this explanation the damage to the VS remains unexplained and also why the jack screw failed at first.

My opinion as already posted:
-explosive event (decompression due to skin failure and/or bomb) detach fuselage skin directly in front of VS, that goes up to the VS increasing the load instantly over the design limits, VS crumbles it basis, deforming the attachment of the jackscrew assembly, this would go forward, pulling the HS upwards (or jackscrew break free with similar consequences).
-This put the AC in a nose down attitude instantly, bending the engine pylons upwards and probably detaching the APU/tail cone.
-The HS exceeds the design limits also, breaking in the left side and departing.
-The remaining HS departs with the underside of fuselage probably still attached and also maybe the jackscrew assembly.
-The remaining tail fuselage becomes detached later maybe under aerodynamic and or rotational forces.

Last edited by Mauersegler; 10th Nov 2015 at 16:50. Reason: added my opinion