PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BREAKING NEWS: airliner missing within Egyptian FIR
Old 10th Nov 2015, 12:02
A0283

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@triumph61 - Door2 panel

I would expect chemically milled skin and not a bonded or rivetted doubler.

What strikes me most is that you have severe fire damage at the grey lower part, and almost clean white upper parts of this panel. If you look at the panel from the inside it is shows the same. Not even soot.

The impression that i get is that the section either landed with the crown open (higher probability), or opened on or just after impact (lower probability). That then the fire started to consume the lower part of this section. And that at some stage the rescue teams may have used the white crane to drag this part out of the fire.

When you look at the AirAsia fuselage you see a flattened fuselage. So why is this one different. First difference is seawater vs rocky ground. Second difference is probably more of a rotation of the forward section and wing combination just before impact.

You might compare it to the IL76 coming down but with the rotation more planar (flat).

Would be interesting if others have another view of how you could connect these dots.

Last edited by A0283; 10th Nov 2015 at 12:26.