PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skyuber... or how is this even legal in EASA land?
Old 10th Nov 2015, 10:13
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beagle

As in anything in life with any element of risk you take precautions to minimise that risk.
This was very much a case of police malpractice with no evidence and guilty until proven innocent there should be an enquiry into this case

You wouldn't climb a high mountain in winter in a tee shirt and shorts.
When I first read this this thread I thought that there was a connection with Uber but now realise that there isn't so rather than a financial gain its purely a means of putting people together.

I have my doubts whether there are enough where such schemes will actually work but its up to the pilot to determine the background and character of strangers and to cover himself.

Even in commercial ops there are PAX who will try to smuggle drugs and there are safeguards to screen those people through security.

Unless the pilot is going to land somewhere illegally then there should be no difference ? As stated the pilot needs to do his own due diligence on people he is carrying use his /her instincts and cover himself by getting agreements signed pre the trip.
In some of the countries I have flown all over the world you have to be street wise and cautious

Flying is a very expensive business and the more we fly the safer we become if these schemes help pilots to fly more then they have to be welcome

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 10th Nov 2015 at 10:25.