PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SDSR rumours.
Thread: SDSR rumours.
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2015, 22:00
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Well you've only got to wait until 23 Nov to find out the outcome

Strategic Defence and Security Review: Treasury names the date | Civil Service World

Interestingly, the SDSR is being announced 2 days before the CSR on 25 Nov. So given the above article states the defence budget is going up in real terms over the course of the Parliament along with a different announcement date mean that we finally have a review based on strategy rather than finance???

Ooooh look, a flying pig.

Worryingly, the article notes significant increases to Intelligence Agency manning. Even though they are funded outside of Defence and are responsible to different departments of state. On that basis, I'm thinking 2% NATO spending will now include an element of the Agencies' funding, that if the equipment programme is now going to be funded and there are no further cuts in Regular manpower, that can only mean one of 2 things: The Reserves plan falls short and the thrashings continue as gaps go unfilled. Or the Reserves are funded and we have to find the cash from the non-equipment budget.

Now if you all wouldn't mind bending over and touching your toes .... that's it, now you might feel a slight sting as the bat goes in and the money comes out ....

I'm convinced the only reason for the Treasury to accept a 30% cut is so it can use it as a stick to beat all the other departments with. What really worries me though is, like any bully lashing out, or terrorist, the more they feel backed into a corner the more extreme they are going to become. And at this rate Osborne will be so toxic by 2020 it's Corbyn's to lose!