PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 9th Nov 2015, 15:36
pilot in da cloud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Fast Track or stick to modular way ?

Hi,

I hold a PPL with 100 hours PIC.
I’ve passed all ATPL theoretical examination.

So the time has come to chose a school for my CPL IR.
I was more inclined to continue the modular way in a school in the UK, either PAT in Bournemouth or AFT in Exeter.

That was until I saw the fast track option 2 from CTC in partnership with Wizz Air :
Fast-Track Option 2

The total cost is €79,800 with CTC and €39,290 with PAT.

The total amount with CTC does include accommodation, JOC and A320 TR in case of employment with Wizz Air.

If you account for the cost of JOC (8,000 to 10,000 euros), the cost of the Airbus TR (20,000 euros ?) and the cost of accommodation for 6 months, that makes the CTC way approx 7,000 euros more expensive.
Is it worth it ?

I'm soon to be 30 years old and the CTC fast track option seems like a nice way to be FO on jet relatively quickly.
I do understand that employment is not guaranteed and being based somewhere in Romania (Budapest would be nice though) isn't exactly my idea of a dream job but I'll be happy to do that for some time and move on to something else later.

(My dream job would be bizz jet or cargo airline but I don't have enough experience nor is it the right time to be picky.)

I’d like to have your thoughts on this.
What would you choose and why ?
Any thoughts on Wizz, PAT or CTC are welcome.

Thanks !