PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Entrance exams
Thread: Entrance exams
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2015, 13:00
foliot-pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Jaimie,

Don't know how much help I will be, but I've done both the FTE and CTC assessments (successfully). Whilst I realise that they may not be identical to the CAE tests, I can give you a good idea:

Maths: If you've done GCSE/A-Level maths, you'll be fine. The questions (that I took) weren't as challenging as I was expecting. Long multiplication, division. All multiple choice. Some don't require too much thinking about, as you can sometimes rule out an answer(s) due to them being way off, if that makes sense.

Pilapt: I'm not sure which type of testing CAE will use, but if you take a look on Latest Pilot Jobs provides the latest aviation vacancies around the world.-Latest Pilot Jobs-Latest Pilot Jobs and click on interview preparation, you can buy a package which lets you practice similar tests/interview questions/group exercise scenario's.

The tests are completely possible to pass first time. Just make sure you're prepared. Do your research. Anticipate interview questions they could ask you, practise your maths/physics (if appropriate) and read up on the industry.

If you do this, you'll be fine.

Good luck.

Last edited by foliot-pilot; 5th Oct 2017 at 12:22.