PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BREAKING NEWS: airliner missing within Egyptian FIR
Old 9th Nov 2015, 12:07
A0283

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still missing update 7

Based on the photos that i have seen thus far:

Missing - outside view, major components - assuming that the section before the wing was destroyed in the post crash fire,
a. rudder (and associated GFRP 'strip'),
b. box structure of the vertical tail (VS),
c. any trace of the (below cabin floor) aft cargo hold from forward of that aft pax door to probably 1 or 2 frames forward of the large cargo door,
d. part of the left hand upper panel with windows of above the aft cargo hold (ergo, above cabin floor). I have noted the right hand panel as a 'probable' (in my definition).

Note on the tail cone "soot" views ... I would certainly change that into "staining" ... for a number of reasons (clean surfaces inside and out, minimal staining inside the tail cone components - even less than visible on a number of photos of the plane from the last 2 years). Origin of stains (next those from normal operations) could come from the remaining fuel in the broken APU fuel line (which runs along left hand fuselage side), perhaps additional stains (maybe soot) if the APU oil tank cracked, but these effects have been minimal.

I am working on some 3D reconstructions. What is striking is how many photos you need to get some certainty. The photos in general are of low resolution. And when you get a shot from another angle, it can make quite a difference.

My impression is that i can reconstruct at least one section segment over the full 360.

So photos of the missing components of any kind are welcome. And even better resolution pictures of the known items. Thanks to all the posters providing them :-)

Next to this i am interested in if the flight plan and cargo manifest have been published. Till now i have only seen passenger bags which appear to be only the smaller ones (hand luggage?). No big suitcases or anything that looks like cargo. The inside parts of the cargo holds appear pristine like the rest.

Last edited by A0283; 9th Nov 2015 at 12:23.