PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub: final AAIB report
Old 9th Nov 2015, 10:58
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
In light of this, have any operators resorted to flying with the shed bus switch in 'override', at night?
Funny you should mention this 212, I thought of this the other evening while preflighting and wondered how the relays would work if we were to fly with the switch in the Emerg position. My understanding of the circuit diagram is that all the power to run 'everything' would be coming directly via the battery, with the power from the generators merely resupplying the battery power, which must lead to wiggly amp problems further down the line?

Mind you I can only just fathom out the HiFi Amp in/out leads, so I'm no great master of wiring diagrams!

Gouli, you're absolutely right about landing when that first red warning came on and it's something I think we shall all be doing should it happen to us. The cards still tell us it's ok to carry on if the light goes out, or if it stays on you have 10 mins. Unfortunately, on that night hindsight (or the passage of info) wasn't available to them

It is amazing just how often embarrassment (or trying to avoid it) ends up killing people.
So very true.