PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Road trip part 2 - Santa Monica to Calgary
Old 9th Nov 2015, 04:54
India Four Two

Received 75 Likes on 46 Posts
Day 10 - Victoria again

Jhieminga,

Thanks for the clarification about H-NACT.

Well, it's been a while. I've been back in Calgary for two weeks and after nearly three months away, there was a lot of boring stuff to do that kept me away from posting. However, as my alter-ego is still on Vancouver Island, 1000 miles away, I had better get cracking!

My UAS friend (also called David) and I drove back to Victoria Airport to visit the British Columbia Aviation Museum at 1910 Norseman Road

A very nice museum, with most of their collection under cover. We were shown around by a very knowledgeable volunteer. I've already posted the Bolingbroke and Eastman Sea Rover on What Cockpit. Other aircraft that appealed to me included:

Fleet Model 2:

When this aircraft was retired in 1971, it was the oldest airworthy aircraft in Canada. Interestingly, the engine looks like a Scarab, which would technically make this a Fleet Model 1.

Prototype Trigull:

One of the three prototypes built. Two were flown before the company ran out of money. Originally powered by the ill-fated Tiara engine.

TCA Viscount:

Nice to see it under cover. The first time I've ever been in a Viscount. I see why everybody liked the cabin windows.

Norseman:

Westwind IV (tri-gear Beech 18 with PT-6 engines):

Ironically, the aircraft that I had wanted to see - an R4D-8 (Super DC-3) - had been scrapped and all they had left was the cockpit!

Last edited by India Four Two; 9th Nov 2015 at 06:59.