PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Terms and Endearment
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2015, 22:54
Coffin Corner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chesty Morgan
CC, you've missed the point. This isn't about me or LSM (who isn't banned as far as I can see) and the way I post. This is about fellow pilots misleading other pilots with lies and misinformation, just for a laugh in some cases. I am not the only one who has a problem with it, you've confused silence with being not bothered.
No I haven't missed the point, if you want to get uptight about things that happen on pprune then you seriously need to get out more. We are deceived every day of our lives, I read bull**** every day of my life but I've yet to come across pilots posting lies and mis information just for a laugh on here, even if they did so what? It just gets ignored and I move to the next post. I won't start a one man crusade about it because I have better things to do.

I am not the only one who has a problem with it, you've confused silence with being not bothered.
Really? How do you work that out? If people are silent how do you know they have a problem with it? I'd suggest that readers & posters of this forum would probably read it, shake their heads and move on without getting uptight about it, and those who do have an issue would probably post about it like you have, yet unsurprisingly your thread is the only one I've ever seen about the issue, and it's hardly glowing with members backing you up. Doesn't that tell you a story?

I am well aware of what should be ignored and what shouldn't but unfortunately not everyone is, after all they do come here for clarity, and they are being intentionally deceived by our colleagues. That's what grips my **** and it's shameful that it's allowed to happen and is even encouraged by at least one moderator who actually partakes as well. This is supposed to be a website for Professional Pilots.
Then I'd suggest until only professional pilots post here the problem isn't going to go away anytime soon. It's obvious you can't control your blood pressure on here anymore (as is evident with your LSM account) so isn't it easier not to bother reading the forum?

I take it you think lying and deceiving your compatriots is ok just because this is the internet?
Are you assuming or stating a fact? The bottom line is this forum takes up about 0.00001% of my attention, I couldn't give a flying toss what's posted by other people so long as they don't attack me, all I do is filter the bull**** and move on down.
If this forum is an important part of your life then continue your one man crusade, just don't expect others to join your army, because like me they've probably got more important things to worry about, my Give A Toss O'Meter is flat lining.

CC